Monday

Zeal leads to zest, even for zonked runners.



I’m tired today. Really zapped. It would have been easy not to run. I’ve been carrying some extra rocks in my backpack lately (proverbially speaking), and it’s caused me to feel sort of run-down.

That’s the kind of day when a run can really matter most.

So I ran. I didn’t do 20 miles or anything, just a quick loop of a few miles. But I honestly felt better after I got out there.

I heard someone say that the hardest step of any run is the first step out the door. Oh, boy. That’s so true. Once I began chugging along, I gained some momentum and motivation.

Sure, there are times when a rest day is just the ticket.

But when it’s a planned run day, we sometimes need to push ourselves to get out there, whether we want to or not. That’s where we grow. Today’s “Running Quotes by Non-Runners” pick sums this up aptly.


“If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” TS Eliot (1888-1965)

Tired stretches really do stretch our limits. They test our mettle. They raise our gumption. And they show us that we can raise the bar and still reach it, if we just push through. (How’s that for a handful of hackneyed phrases? But they still ring true.)



Images:
Title image created by this user with public domain art.
Quotation Graphic created by this user with public domain photo.


Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well. And I am happy to share my RUNDERDOG ambassador code for 10% off on Bondi Band Athletic Headbands, Accessories, and Fashions. (Simply enter the code at online checkout.).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...