Friday

Looking at lovely marvels lends extra value on the run.



While running outdoors, whether covering rugged terrain or trudging through city blocks, one only needs to look past one’s own footfalls to take in visual treasures. Personally, I can count some of my favorite runs as those in which I spotted wildlife, gazed at sunrises or sunsets, traced coastlines, or ran through amazing architectural displays.

Today’s “Running Quotes by Non-Runners” pick makes such a point:


 “Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.” Louis L’Amour (1908-1988)

L’Amour wrote nearly 90 novels, primarily focusing on the American West. Having grown up in rural North Dakota, he surely knew firsthand the treasures to be found in the wilderness.

Maybe it’s not always all about the miles logged or the calories burned.

 
Images:
Title image created by this user with public domain art.
Quotation Graphic created by this user with public domain photo.


Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well. And I am happy to share my RUNDERDOG ambassador code for 10% off on Bondi Band Athletic Headbands, Accessories, and Fashions. (Simply enter the code at online checkout.).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...