Tuesday

Carb cravings can be consuming.




Crikey. Those carbohydrate cravings can be powerful. What is it about running a bazillion miles to burn off a ginormous amount of calories, only to find that one’s appetite has become a humongous growling angry beast?

There’s a reason a lot of race directors haul truckloads of cookies or chips to their finish lines. It’s called crowd control. Better yet: It’s a form of riot prevention.

Runners are hungry! But gee, haven’t we earned a nice snack? It’s not like we’re couch warming or channel surfing. We’re hitting the bricks and putting our metabolisms through the motions.

Pass the munchies, would you?

And here’s today’s A-Z quote:



“Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate.” Charles M. Schultz (1922-2000).

Hey, that’s the PEANUTS guy. Peanuts are good with chocolate. And peanut butter is good all by itself. That gives me an idea. I just need a spoon … 



Images:
Title image created by this user with public domain art.
Quotation Graphic created by this user with public domain photo.

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well. And I am happy to share my RUNDERDOG ambassador code for 10% off on Bondi Band Athletic Headbands, Accessories, and Fashions. (Simply enter the code at online checkout.).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...