Friday

Resolve reaps rewards for runners.



Running goals are sort of like promises we make to ourselves. If we follow through and make good on them, we reap wonderful rewards. We gain ground. We grow stronger and faster and healthier. We build muscles and lose pounds.

We may even find some serenity along the way.

Runderdog’s “Running Quotes by Non-Runners” for today traces that path.

 
“The woods are lovely, dark and deep.  But I have promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep.” Robert Frost (1874-1963)

That’s one of my all-time favorite poetic lines – and one of the most quoted. Somehow, Frost’s words simply draw us into a lovely mental picture. It makes me want to slip on my sneakers and slip off into the woods for a trail run. Know the feeling?



Images:
Title image created by this user with public domain art.
Quotation Graphic created by this user with public domain photo.


Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well. And I am happy to share my RUNDERDOG ambassador code for 10% off on Bondi Band Athletic Headbands, Accessories, and Fashions. (Simply enter the code at online checkout.).

2 comments:

  1. It requires tremendous resolve to get out of one's comfort zone and follow a fitness regime.

    www.volatilespirits.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm unable to run, but love a good hike through the woods. The quote you found is quite true!

    Ann
    https://harvestmoonbyhand.blogspot.com/2018/04/hobbies-that-begin-with-r-blogging-from.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...