Sunday

Marathon for Misericordia: Fully funded feels good



Marathon training is tough. And mine has been particularly so lately. Maybe I can blame that, at least in part, on the extra water and nutritionals I’m toting along for those extra-long training runs.

But my load is lighter now, at least figuratively, thanks to several generous people.

I’ve committed to run the Chicago Marathon (again) as a charity runner on behalf of Misericordia. And, as of this morning, my initial charity goal has been reached. That means the minimum has been met. I’m ready to run – at least in the charity bib sense.


Thank you, donors!

Certainly, Misericordia will accept additional donations on my fundraising page. All gifts received will benefit their very special residents.

Here’s my marathon fundraising page, if you want to read my story and learn about this wonderful Chicago community that serves more than 600 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and related special needs.

Misericordia’s residents and the many skilled and compassionate staffers that serve them are the real champions. They run a veritable marathon of mercy every single day.

So let’s do this thing.

Now I just have to put in the remaining miles. All those miles.

Images:
Created by this user on online generator

Feel free to follow on Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well. And I am happy to share my RUNDERDOG ambassador code for 10% off on Bondi Band Athletic Headbands, Accessories, and Fashions. (Simply enter the code at online checkout.).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...