Tuesday

I wanna run 2,017 miles in 2017.



Go ahead. Call me crazy. I just signed up with an online challenge called Run the Year 2017. That means I’ve committed to run 2,017 miles in 2017. (That’s right. Maybe I should be committed – or something like that.)

The challenge starts (You guessed it.) on New Year’s Day. 

How hard is it to run 2017 miles in a year?

It averages out to 5.5 miles/day or just over 38.75 miles/week. That's 168 miles/month.

That’s fairly doable in the warm-weather months, but it might become extra challenging in the worst of winter, particularly here in the upper Midwest U.S.

Still, I love a good deadline. (Hey, I’m a former editor and promotional executive. Deadlines sort of go with the territory in the corporate and publishing worlds.)

And, if I make it, the Run the Edge folks who organized this year-long virtual running challenge will send me the dandy medal pictured here. (The commemorative tee shirt is extra.)


As a disclaimer, I have to mention that I don’t tend to do a lot of virtual races. There’s something about lining up for real-life races with flesh-and-blood runners that sort of grabs me. But this one sort of feels like a super New Year’s resolution that might stick.

Want to join the fun?

If you hurry, you can use this discount code and get $5 off the entry fee.

KD5YA8

(The code is supposed to expire on Thanksgiving morning at approximately 8 am CST.)

Whew! Hope I can swing this. I did a 1,000-mile challenge last year, and I completed it in about six months. So this should be a boost.

Image/s:
 Event medal / promo photo
and virtual bib photo
fair use.

This reviewer purchased the entry for the event described here, and the reviewer has no prior or existing relationship (either familial or professional) with the event organizer/promoter.

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

2 comments:

  1. Can I enter beino in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure you can. Click through to the challenge website, and you will see!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...