Sunday

Quick look - Runderdog's 2017 race roundup




This was a good year for running, as far as I’m concerned. I didn’t break any records, but I didn’t break any bones, either. I did manage to rack up a 5K PR, and I need another race medal rack to hold the new hardware. 


So there’s that.

Here’s an alphabetical list of some of my favorite races of 2017:

Chicago Fall Half Marathon
Chicago Spring Half Marathon
Cupid Shuffle 5K
Elf Run 5K
Evil Smiley Vets Day 5K
Fort 2 Base 10NM
Luck of the Irish 5K
Pike River Cani-Cross
Progress Days 5K
Pumpkin Run 5K
Run into the New Year 5K
Summerfest Rock ‘n Sole Quarter Marathon
Team RWB Run as One
The Big Chill 5K

This list doesn’t include every race I did, and it doesn't have several smaller trail and track events or untimed theme and fun runs. But these were highlights -- for various personal reasons.

What’s on the books for 2018?

I’m already committed to a winter race series, a spring half marathon, and a fall full marathon. As the new year approaches, I’m plotting out the calendar to fill in with several 10Ks, a 10NM, and a couple more half marathons.

Raise a glass – or a sports bottle – to 2018. Here we go!

Images:
Adapted by this user from public domain image

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...